Sunday, August 30, 2009

Book launch/by-donation concert/party

Oh, my heavens, this week the event I have been planning for/dreaming about/worrying over for, what seems like, a very long time, will finally be a reality. A party...I'm throwing a party at the Ag Hall. The Ag Hall was built in the 1900s. It features wooden floors, a kitchen and a stage. It is simple in structure but in my mind it holds the memories of Mayne Island's past. The hall echoes with the applause of audiences...neighbours... who attended events: ten days ago, ten months ago, a decade ago, a century ago. Applause will fill the hall once again, the night of September 4th, as I cheer for my family and friends who have come to help me celebrate Maynely a Mystery.
As a friend recently said, in response to my invitation, "Be there or be square."
If you are unable to attend, I will report back...in words, pictures, possibly even a new YouTube video.

No comments:

Post a Comment