Friday, October 2, 2009

Bye, bye Winnipeg

The game plan: I will leave Winnipeg at 5 pm today. I will be headed north -- 92 k -- to my old hometown. Last time I visited I discovered -- to my dismay -- that they had named the streets. Who needs street names? What's wrong with directions like: you know the house beside the one where old man Brown lived.
There's nothing wrong with them.
I really hope I don't find numbers on the houses.
Anyway...
It was nice visiting the golden boy.
I would like to thank all those people who gave directions to this lost island gal. Thank you to the mail carrier. Thank you to the lady walking the dog. Thank you to the clerks behind the counter.
A special thanks to the lady who gave me bus tickets. I just may use them someday.
Yesterday it rained. Today the city is bathed in golden light. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.
Focusing on this second...I'm listening to the Weakerthans song "I hate Winnipeg". Why aren't you?
Simply log on to Youtube...
Leanne

PS I'm not sure what my Internet connection will be like when I'm in Eriksdale (my hometown). So it may be a while until you hear from me again. Although I will try. If I fail please remember my book reading at the Eriksdale Public Library Tuesday, October 13th 7 p.m. Please help spread the word. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment