Thursday, October 8, 2009

Weather or not...

Manitoba is one exciting place.
When I arrived in September it was hot.
How hot was it?
It was so hot that I had to go shopping for shorts.
And now...and now...hold on to your hats. Now it is snowing.
Yes, it is true boys and girls. As I write, the white stuff is streaming down from the sky. It isn't staying yet.
Now if it was snowing on Mayne Island my heart would not be filled with glee. But I'm not on Mayne Island. I'm in Manitoba. I'm in Eriksdale. And I'm witnessing the first snow. And my heart is filled with the glee of a kindergartner.
Stay cool...dress warm
Leanne

PS I found a recipe that I've been playing with. The following is a extreme alteration of the recipe. I have yet to go this far. But maybe (hopefully) you're braver.

2/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (why not add strawberry jam)
4 C rice cereal (why not use garnola)
raisins (why not use chocolate chips)

In large saucepan over medium heat, toss in the syrup and the peanut butter. Stir in cereal. Remove from heat and stir in raisins.
Spread mixture in non-stick 8-inch square baking dish. Place in fridge for an hour or more. When firm cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment