Thursday, May 14, 2009

Maynely A Mystery: chapter one, page seven

Maynely A Mystery ebook is now available. For more information, please log on to: www.oknitting.com
To order: http://www.lulu.com/content/e-book/maynely-a-mystery-signed-copy/7151174
Let's continue reading....

"Oh, really," Berlin said, doubt dripping from every syllable.

"Yes...yes really. My father is English-Canadian. My mother is English-Canadian."

Berlin turned his head and froze his passenger in his gaze. He slowly shook his head, "But you are not English-Canadian."

The young woman clenched her jaw, then released it and said calmly, "Look, I don't care if you don't believe me. I won't debate my ethnicity with you. I just want...I just want to...to pay the damn fare."

"Okay, okay. Forty Canadian dollars. No yen, please." Berlin smiled.

The young woman paid the fare and left without laughing at his joke. He watched as she walked to the large, heavy iron gate. She pushed open the gate and walked down the long cobble path that led through the impressive gardens, to the mansion's carved oak double doors. He waited until she entered the house then he drove away.


7

No comments:

Post a Comment