Monday, May 25, 2009

Maynely a Mystery: chapter one, page eighteen

Maynely a Mystery ebook is now available.
For more information, please log on to: www.oknitting.com
Let's continue reading....

Olivia pushed the door open. She was shocked to see the parchment ghost that her grandmother had become. Gone was the fierce, determined woman -- replaced by little more than a lump in the middle of the king-sized four poster bed.

"Olivia," Katherine said coolly.

"Mother," Olivia sneered.

"Olivia, Olivia, my dear," Esther called in a fragile voice.

Olivia moved closer to her grandma and gently held her hand, "I'm here," she said as she fought back tears.

"Don't cry, my beauty. I've lived a good life. I've been very happy. I only have one regret. Love, you must...you must take me back to Mayne Island. Promise me you will take me back to Mayne Island. Promise me. I won't be able to sleep unless I rest in its soil," she gasped for breath. The sound made Olivia wince.

"I promise, Grandma," Olivia said, as her grandmother's nurse raced into the room.

18

No comments:

Post a Comment