Monday, June 8, 2009

Maynely a Mystery: chapter one, page thirty-one

Maynely a Mystery paperback will soon be available.
For more information and to order, please log on to:
www.oknitting.com
Let's continue reading....

"I don't need your protection," Olivia said. "Besides how do you know they share your prejudice?"

"Your father and I have never treated you differently! We have always loved you. We have always treated you like...like...like you were normal."

"Oh, isn't that interesting? I was talking about your prejudice against Mayne Islanders but now I see."

"Oh, you know what I meant. You know what I meant," Katherine said as Olivia began to laugh in hurt disbelief. "Give me that." Katherine began to pull the urn away from her.

"Stop it!"

"You stop it! She's my mother," Katherine said.

They began to pull the urn harder and harder, each attempting to pull the other off-balance.

31

No comments:

Post a Comment