Saturday, June 6, 2009

Maynely a Mystery: chapter one, page twenty-nine

Maynely a Mystery paperback will soon be available.
For more information and to order, please log on to: www.oknitting.com
Let's continue reading....

"Planning a holiday?" Katherine asked.

"Eavesdropping?" Olivia shot back, "If you must know. Yes, I am."

"Well, where are you going?" Katherine asked.

"Oh, to one of the Southern Gulf Islands. You probably haven't heard of it," Olivia said, continuing to play along.

"Oh, I may have. Which are you planning to visit?"

"Mayne Island."

"Why would you go there? There's nothing there but trees. It's a waste of land."

"Why would I go there?! You know just as well as I why I'm going there. It was Grandma's last wish to be buried there."

"Oh, no, she won't be buried there. The family plans to bury her here in her rose garden. This garden brought her so much joy," Katherine said as she stroked the urn cradled in Olivia's arms.

29

No comments:

Post a Comment