Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Maynely a Mystery: chapter one, page thirty-two

Maynely a Mystery paperback will soon be available.
For more information and to order, please log on to: www.oknitting.com
Let's continue reading....

Suzie bounced up to them, "Watcha' doin'?"

Embarrassed by the spectacle they were creating, Olivia and Katherine both stopped tugging. The urn once again rested comfortably in Olivia's arms.

"Olivia is planning to take Grandma Esther to a far-off island." Katherine said in a bedtime story voice.

Sure, go ahead, tell poor, simple Suzie a bedtime story. I'm the big bad witch of the north, Olivia thought, right, Mother? And you, and you are the good witch? Live in fantasies. Live your whole life in fantasies. What do I care? But I will no longer live in the world that you built for me. I refuse. This is my life and I will live it my way. Grandma asked me to do one last thing for her and I will. You can't bully me any longer.

32

No comments:

Post a Comment